Shore Line East: What's New
Record Ridership on Shore Line East
Governor Dannel P. Malloy today announced that ridership on Shore Line East – the commuter rail line between New Haven and New London – set a new record last month with 63,959 passenger trips.
Connecticut Transportation Commissioner James P. Redeker said that the ridership jump in July represented a 5 percent increase over June, in part because of special service that was implemented in July for Sail Fest 2014. Through July 2014, there have been 382,716 rides, compared with 375,524 through July of 2013. Total ridership in 2013 increased by 5 percent compared with 2012.
Gov Malloy Announced Improvements to the New Haven Line Train Schedules
New Haven Line and Shore Line East Riders -
Governor Dannel Malloy announced improvements to the New Haven Line train schedules. The goal of the enhanced schedule is to reduce crowding on trains and increase convenience.
Read more here
New SLE Schedule Changes Effective: May 11, 2014
Please See Posted Train Schedules for Updated Times or download the schedule here
NOTE: All Eastbound trains from New Haven to Old Saybrook and New London may leave intermediate stations up to 5 minutes ahead of time shown.
- Weekend and Holiday Schedule will operate on the following holidays: Memorial Day (May 26), July 4, and September 1, 2014
- Westbound Weekday Schedule:
- - Two new trains have been added (1525 & 1523)
- - Westbound AM Train times changing: 1621,1627, 1637, 1659, 1667, 1681, 1687, 1691, 1695, 1697
- Eastbound Weekday Schedule:
- - One Eastbound Train (1604) has been added
- - Eastbound PM Train times changing: 1602, 1606, 1610, 1640, 1644, 1646, 1656, 1668, 1682 and Amtrak 178
- Westbrook Service: Please see schedule for additional Westbrook stops added
- Special Friday Trains Added: 1626, 1675, and 3538. These will also operate on Thursday, July 3
- New SLE Train 1699 Connection with Metro-North train 1599 is NOT guaranteed. Customers should take earlier train to confirm travel beyond New Haven.
For Questions or help, please call 1-877-CTrides to speak with a Customer Service Representative or select the chat option on our homepage to chat live with us.
The New Westbrook Station Opening
To our Shore Line East customers: The new Westbrook station will open tomorrow – Tuesday, March 25, 2014 – with service beginning on the new platform at noon. Thank you for your patience during this process.
Here's more detailed information on the improvements