Shore Line East: What's New
Gov Malloy Announced Improvements to the New Haven Line Train Schedules
New Haven Line and Shore Line East Riders -
Governor Dannel Malloy announced improvements to the New Haven Line train schedules. The goal of the enhanced schedule is to reduce crowding on trains and increase convenience.
Read more here
New SLE Schedule Changes Effective: May 11, 2014
Please See Posted Train Schedules for Updated Times or download the schedule here
NOTE: All Eastbound trains from New Haven to Old Saybrook and New London may leave intermediate stations up to 5 minutes ahead of time shown.
- Weekend and Holiday Schedule will operate on the following holidays: Memorial Day (May 26), July 4, and September 1, 2014
- Westbound Weekday Schedule:
- - Two new trains have been added (1525 & 1523)
- - Westbound AM Train times changing: 1621,1627, 1637, 1659, 1667, 1681, 1687, 1691, 1695, 1697
- Eastbound Weekday Schedule:
- - One Eastbound Train (1604) has been added
- - Eastbound PM Train times changing: 1602, 1606, 1610, 1640, 1644, 1646, 1656, 1668, 1682 and Amtrak 178
- Westbrook Service: Please see schedule for additional Westbrook stops added
- Special Friday Trains Added: 1626, 1675, and 3538. These will also operate on Thursday, July 3
- New SLE Train 1699 Connection with Metro-North train 1599 is NOT guaranteed. Customers should take earlier train to confirm travel beyond New Haven.
For Questions or help, please call 1-877-CTrides to speak with a Customer Service Representative or select the chat option on our homepage to chat live with us.
The New Westbrook Station Opening
To our Shore Line East customers: The new Westbrook station will open tomorrow – Tuesday, March 25, 2014 – with service beginning on the new platform at noon. Thank you for your patience during this process.
Here's more detailed information on the improvements
New Fare Information You Need to Know
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2014
- SLE New Fares in Effect - see chart below or ShoreLineEast.com for more
- New time for SLE Train #1651 from Old Saybrook to New Haven (please see new times)
- NEW - Discounted Student Monthly Tickets are available for purchase for students 18 years old or younger. Proof of age and student school ID Card required (not valid for college students).
- As of January 2014, federal tax law allows commuters to set aside up to $130 per month of his/her salary before taxes to pay for transit or vanpool fares and $250 for qualified parking.