Shore Line East: What's New
1% SLE Fare Increase Effective January 1, 2015
A 1% fare increase on Shore Line East and New Haven line rail will take effect January 1, 2015. For more information please see the Connecticut Department of Transportation news release.
One-way SLE fares will increase between 0 and 25 cents with monthly fares increasing $1 to $5.
Riders should be aware that the increase will affect UniRail fares (combined Shore Line East/New Haven line tickets).
For more details, please refer to this chart or call Shore Line East customer service at 1-877-CTrides (1-877-287-4337).
You can get all the fare information at the Fares page.
SLE Thanksgiving Week Train Information :
See below for special train information during the Thanksgiving Holiday
- Wednesday, November 26 special trains 1626, 1642, 1670, 1675, 3536, 3538, 3540, 3542 & 3568 will be running.
(Trains 1568, 1580 & 1668 will NOT operate)
- Thursday and Friday (Nov. 27 & 28) SLE will run on Weekend & Holiday Schedule
- Friday (Nov. 28) special trains 3609, 3615, 3630, and 3647 will be running
Guilford Station Update
All repair work is complete and the “North” Lot is now open to cars and pedestrians.
Thanks for your support!
Update on Amtrak trains 174 & 190
Amtrak will Cross Honor Shore Line East multi-ride customers on Amtrak train 174 and train 190 effective November 10th, 2014
Amtrak Train 190
New Haven 8:37 a.m.
Old Saybrook 9:06 a.m.
New London 9:26 a.m.
Amtrak Train 174
New Haven 3:44 p.m.
Old Saybrook 4:15 p.m.
New London 4:35 p.m.
Guilford Station Update
SLE Riders: Additional work will be needed on the Guilford Station water-main pipe through Monday, November 17th
While the work continues, the “North” Lot (Track 1 side) will be inaccessible for vehicles from 7am – 5pm daily
The “North” side will remain accessible to pedestrians.
Shore Line East New Schedule Effective: November 10, 2014
Shore Line East rail service announces new schedule effective November 10, 2014.
Please see posted train schedules for updated times or download this pdf.
Information You Should Know
- Time Changes:
- Train 1649 from Old Saybrook will leave 5 minutes earlier
- Train 1616 to New London will leave New Haven 10 minutes earlier and will now stop at all intermediate stations.
- Train 1636 will depart New Haven 2 minutes earlier
- Train 1638 will depart New Haven 4 minutes earlier
- Weekend & Holiday Schedule will operate on the following holidays: Nov. 27 & 28, Dec. 25 & 26, 2014, Jan. 1, 2 & 19, and Feb. 16, 2015
- December 29 & 30, Metro-North trains will be running on a reduced schedule. Please refer to schedules posted for more details
- Fridays, & November 26 and December 24 special trains 1626, 1675, and 3538 will be running
- November 26 & December 24 (only):
- Special trains 1642, 1670, 3536, 3538, 3540, 3542 & 3568 will operate.
- Trains 1568, 1580 & 1668 will not operate
- Weekday Eastbound “Cross Honor” Amtrak Trains 190 & 174 will not be available in the schedule effective Nov 10, 2014
- On Nov. 28, Dec. 26, Jan. 2 & 19, and Feb. 16, special trains 3609, 3615, 3630, and 3647 will be running
NOTE: All Eastbound trains may leave intermediate stations up to 5 minutes ahead of time posted.
If You See Something, Say Something Tell a Railroad Employee, Tell a Cop, or Call 1-866-HLS-TIPS (1-866-457-8477)
To Learn What to Look For, Go to KeepCTsafe.com
Be in the know when you’re on the go! Get SLE service alerts on Twitter @ShoreLineEast
Record Ridership on Shore Line East
Governor Dannel P. Malloy today announced that ridership on Shore Line East – the commuter rail line between New Haven and New London – set a new record last month with 63,959 passenger trips.
Connecticut Transportation Commissioner James P. Redeker said that the ridership jump in July represented a 5 percent increase over June, in part because of special service that was implemented in July for Sail Fest 2014. Through July 2014, there have been 382,716 rides, compared with 375,524 through July of 2013. Total ridership in 2013 increased by 5 percent compared with 2012.
Gov Malloy Announced Improvements to the New Haven Line Train Schedules
New Haven Line and Shore Line East Riders -
Governor Dannel Malloy announced improvements to the New Haven Line train schedules. The goal of the enhanced schedule is to reduce crowding on trains and increase convenience.
Read more here
New SLE Schedule Changes Effective: May 11, 2014
Please See Posted Train Schedules for Updated Times or download the schedule here
NOTE: All Eastbound trains from New Haven to Old Saybrook and New London may leave intermediate stations up to 5 minutes ahead of time shown.
- Weekend and Holiday Schedule will operate on the following holidays: Memorial Day (May 26), July 4, and September 1, 2014
- Westbound Weekday Schedule:
- - Two new trains have been added (1525 & 1523)
- - Westbound AM Train times changing: 1621,1627, 1637, 1659, 1667, 1681, 1687, 1691, 1695, 1697
- Eastbound Weekday Schedule:
- - One Eastbound Train (1604) has been added
- - Eastbound PM Train times changing: 1602, 1606, 1610, 1640, 1644, 1646, 1656, 1668, 1682 and Amtrak 178
- Westbrook Service: Please see schedule for additional Westbrook stops added
- Special Friday Trains Added: 1626, 1675, and 3538. These will also operate on Thursday, July 3
- New SLE Train 1699 Connection with Metro-North train 1599 is NOT guaranteed. Customers should take earlier train to confirm travel beyond New Haven.
For Questions or help, please call 1-877-CTrides to speak with a Customer Service Representative or select the chat option on our homepage to chat live with us.
The New Westbrook Station Opening
To our Shore Line East customers: The new Westbrook station will open tomorrow – Tuesday, March 25, 2014 – with service beginning on the new platform at noon. Thank you for your patience during this process.
Here's more detailed information on the improvements