- General Info
- Stations & Parking
- Fares & Tickets
- Connecting Trains
- Bus Connections
- Service Schedule
- Other Info
Shore Line East FAQ - Other Information
- What if I leave something behind on the train?
- Are there restrooms on the trains?
- Are the trains accessible to handicapped passengers?
- Are pets allowed on the trains?
- Is there a place to store luggage on the train?
- Can I bring a bicycle onto the train?
* Westbrook station is equipped with a lift operated by train personnel. Westbrook passengers with disabilities are encouraged to call 1-800-ALL-RIDE at least 24 hours in advance.
Are pets allowed on the trains?
Trained service animals assisting blind or hearing-impaired passengers are allowed to ride Shore Line East trains if they are leashed. All other pets must be crated in order to ride SLE trains.
Is there a place to store luggage on the train?
Only items that can be safely carried and stored by the passenger are permitted on board the trains. Items that may cause safety hazards or inconvenience to other passengers are not permitted. There is no checked baggage on Shore Line East trains.
Can I bring a bicycle onto the train?
Passengers are permitted to bring bicycles on board Shore Line East trains between New London and New Haven. Passengers are required to safely carry bicycles on and off the trains and safely store bicycles on board with front tires removed. Bicycle groups of 5 or more passengers are required to provide one week prior notification of their travel plans to CDOT Rail Operations at (203) 789-6955.