The Guaranteed Ride Program provides Shore Line East Monthly ticket holders with up to four (4) free rides per year in the event of an unplanned emergency, such as illness, family crises, or having to work late unexpectedly. We will provide a full coverage, free-of-charge ride to your departing train station, home, or wherever you may need to go – so you can stop worrying and enjoy the ride.
How to get your free Guaranteed Ride:
- Call 1-877-CTrides (1-877-287-4337) weekdays between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m., and weekends and holidays from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Communicate the serial number and monthly train ticket type (Shore Line East or UniRail), as well as the reason for your ride.
- We will arrange for a taxi to pick you up and take you to your destination. Your fare, plus a gratuity, will be covered at no cost to you.
Guaranteed Ride Guidelines
- The Guaranteed Ride Program is open to Shore Line East monthly or UniRail monthly ticket holders only.
- Eligible commuters are entitled to four (4) rides per calendar year.
- Guaranteed Rides are available seven days a week, including holidays, when Shore Line East trains are scheduled to operate.
- To arrange a ride, please call 1-877-CTrides (1-877-287-4337) weekdays between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m., and weekends and holidays from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Shore Line East passengers who continue west of New Haven, via Metro-North’s New Haven Line, must board a New Haven Line train to return to New Haven (when available), to meet their Guaranteed Ride from Union Station.
Your satisfaction is important to us. Within seven days after you receive your ride, you may be asked to complete a brief survey asking your opinion on how adequately the program was able to meet your needs.